When it comes to the success of digital marketing Oak Ridge Tennessee and finding new customers via the web, keyword optimization is one of the most important tools you can bet on. Keyword optimization or keyword research is the act of researching, analysing and selecting the best word or concept of great significance to your product, services or campaign in order to target and drive traffic from search engines such as Google to your website and other digital platforms.
Getting your website or blog on the first page of search engines can be a daunting task if you do not understand the fundamentals of optimization.
Why Are We The Best SEO Service In Oak Ridge Tennessee
It is very essential that the word you choose as the keyword is broad enough for lot of people to search for on the internet, but narrow enough that you have a decent chance of getting a high search rank for it on the search engines and results.
For example, the word “shoe” is way too general. However, “Where can I find cheap shoes online” is a pretty good one. Similarly, the word “Europe” is way too general and Wiki sites will normally dominate these top spots. So, “the best holiday destination in Europe” is a much better phrase to focus on.
The Uses of SEO
This is a continuation of our article "SEO:: Search Engine Optimization - Getting Started", and we are going to start where we left off so be sure to check out the first article for steps 1-5.
6. Content, Content, and did I mention Content - The single most important thing for your website to be seen in the search engines is the content on your page. You need to have you keyword search terms throughout the text on your website, so if you main search term is "Computer Store" you need to incorporate that term along with any other main search terms in you page. So many pages have great graphics but absolutely no content on the site. Fill you site with content, I try to get about 1000 words on an html page, and place my main keywords throughout the page. Try to have as many relative pages as possible. Remember the more relative content the better placement
7. Do Your Research - it is important that you research other websites that are in the field you are in, and that you look at what they are doing SEO wise so that you can get a feel of what you site is going to need. Many times you can find a lot of you keywords and keyword phrases on a competitor's site that has had the search engine optimization. Don't copy their content, but you can use the same keywords. Once you see the competition then you need to see the amount of times the search terms are being used on the net. Use the yahoo tool I showed you in the first article for that. After this you can now see which keywords you want to use and which you want to trash. It pays to do the research so that you have relative SEO keywords and phrases that are going to bring traffic to your site.
8. Do NOT use other people's content (Duplicate Content) - Do not put other content from other sites copied on your site. This is call duplicate content and highly frowned on in the seo community. Also, do not use the same content on every page of your website. This is also considered duplicate content and can get you flagged unless you are doing GEO Targeting, which will only change the names on the cities and states.
9. DO NOT Hide content on your page - some black hat seo websites will take a key search term and on a white background write in white font the phrase 100 times, so that it will help them sore to the top of the search engine. If you get caught they will blacklist your site and once you are kicked off you can never get back on.
10. Add or Change Content - Don't just put a site up and never change any information for 5 years. You need to add and delete information on your site to keep the information current and up to date. Search engine optimization is about relative information on your site. Plus, the webcrawlers love new content. The more you add the more they crawl, and the more they crawl the better your site is going to do.
I hope this article has been helpful, and I will be adding more like, but with more detail to each point in the weeks to come. Good luck on your SEO, and we hope to see you at the top of the search engines.
Link Building - Search Engine Optimization Golden Key
For anyone who doubts that link building is one of the most important factors in ranking at the top of the search engines, just type the phrase "miserable failure" into Google to see what happens. You will see the president of our nation coming up as number one. I find it very interesting that the words "miserable failure" do not appear a single time on George Bush's site. Why, you may ask, is this so?
This is so from a technique called Google bombing. Google spiders while they go out and index the world wide web, look for quantity and quality and relevance of links pointing to a website. A large group of politically minded astute computer people chose to link the words "miserable failure" to George Bush's site. In turn, they Google bombed him.
This alone is proof that linking is very affective to rank at the top of the search engines. It is a known fact that Google and the Google- bots are constantly surveying the entire net. In this process of surveying, they follow the links to and from almost every site on the internet. Google is currently indexing over 8 billion sites. You can imagine when their spiders and bots are trying to figure out who to put this at the top, they need to be able to use several factors. Linking becomes a democratic process. The more links you get, the more votes for you websites you obtain. The way Google sees it, is that the other websites are willing to link to you, so you must be important! They also look at how important and relevant the sites that link to you are. Therefore, it is not just quantity, it is also quality.
In my articles, I will always give some suggestions on things to avoid, as well as things to do. Two of the worst things to avoid in terms of linking are called link farms and webrings. Linkfarms and webrings are where hundreds and sometimes thousands of websites all agree to link to each other quickly. This is not a natural technique and therefore Google spiders will red flag and sometimes even ban sites from doing well in the rankings.