When it comes to the success of digital marketing Wilmington North Carolina and finding new customers via the web, keyword optimization is one of the most important tools you can bet on. Keyword optimization or keyword research is the act of researching, analysing and selecting the best word or concept of great significance to your product, services or campaign in order to target and drive traffic from search engines such as Google to your website and other digital platforms.
Getting your website or blog on the first page of search engines can be a daunting task if you do not understand the fundamentals of optimization.
Why Are We The Best SEO Service In Wilmington North Carolina
It is very essential that the word you choose as the keyword is broad enough for lot of people to search for on the internet, but narrow enough that you have a decent chance of getting a high search rank for it on the search engines and results.
For example, the word “shoe” is way too general. However, “Where can I find cheap shoes online” is a pretty good one. Similarly, the word “Europe” is way too general and Wiki sites will normally dominate these top spots. So, “the best holiday destination in Europe” is a much better phrase to focus on.
What is SEO Article Writing? - SEO Copywriting Explained
The success of a Website is dependent on the quality and quantity of its content. The content of web pages should be structured around keywords.
Google has this week - July 20th 2008 - enhanced its free keyword research tool to include numerical data. This tool previously employed horizontal bar charts to show only relative frequency of searches. Both averaged monthly numbers over the last year and latest month figures are displayed. This numerical data can be downloaded into a spreadsheet where further information, such as competition counts and keyword popularity index (KEI), can be added/calculated with other sources. This is a timely replacement for Yahoo's once popular free keyword research tool - inventory.overture.com which became unreliable, was last updated in January 2007 and has recently been withdrawn.
Keyword research is the art of uncovering and selecting good keywords for your web site and keyword research tools are designed to identify those best keywords that have the potential to attract targeted visitors. The aim of search engine optimization (SEO) is to increase targeted web site traffic.
The top five search engines (SEs) - Google (53%), Yahoo (19.9%), MSN (12.9%), AOL (5.6%) and Ask (1.7%) provide 93.7% of global searches. About 80% of visitors to web sites arrive from SEs. Keyword research tools provide access to SE logs. Ideally, search engine optimizers would have access to all this data but no keyword research tool can accurately identify every search conducted for a given keyword.
The new problem for commercial keyword research tools is that they use databases that are tiny compared to that of Google. Wordtracker, for example, one of the most popular subscription keyword research tools, acquires search engine data from two meta search engines viz. DogPile.com and MetaCrawler.com. Although a meta search engine, such as MetaCrawler.com may display results obtained from sources including Google, MSN, and Yahoo, its database is confined to its own search data. A search today for "life expectancy" on Wordtracker gave a count of 171 compared to 550,000 on Google. Furthermore, the data included by Wordtracker is from the last 90 - 100 days compared to Google's monthly figures. One can calculate that for every 9,000 searches on Google for this keyword there is only one search on the combined Dogpile.com and MetaCrawler.com.
"The long tail" is a concept that has been working its way recently through the SEO community. The principle of the long tail keywords is the opposite of concentrating on the top short tail keywords. Long tail keywords are the thousands of keywords and key phrases that send the majority of traffic from the search engines to web sites.
Those that focus solely on the top 10-20 popular keywords may be missing out on most of the potential traffic. There is opportunity here for search engine optimizers. An analysis of the latest 250,000 referrals from the search engines to my website 2womenshealth.com, showed that my top performing keyword provided 4341 visitors. 24 keywords were individually responsible for more than 100 referrals with a total of 20,728 visitors. 1315 keywords each with less than 100 referrals accounted for 229,272 (91.7%).
Competition for short tail keywords is enormous. There were 56,600,000 searches on Google for "vacations" last month. Unless you have an enormous web site such as Wikipedia.com (more than a million pages), there is no point in optimizing a web page for such a popular keyword. The competition is 115 million pages! Unless your page can be found in the top 20-30 positions on the search engine results pages (SERPs), it will receive no visitors from the search engines. The new Google Keyword Tool shows us that the long tail keyword "vacation review" had 9,900 searches last month and there are just 39,000 competitor pages. Successful search engine optimization for this keyword is more achievable.
It is possible with the newly enhanced Google Research Tool, to start with narrow searches of perhaps just one word, find related combination phrases or synonyms and gradually drill down to provide good long tail keywords. This tool provides the largest database available for the purpose and is a long-awaited addition for search engine optimizers. Enthusiasts now have access to an enormous supply of niche keywords previously beyond their wildest dreams.
Basic Search Engine Optimization Principles for Entrepreneurs
All SEO tactics used to get your site successfully crawled and positioned in the major search engines evolve with the technology used to render websites, but the basic fundamentals stay the same. There are three major aspects to SEO that you should be sure to concentrate on when optimizing your website - keywords, links, and graphics. Use this checklist to ensure that your site will achieve the highest possible search engine rankings :
1. Make sure the keywords that you are targeting are relevant to your website's content.
2. Keywords should be phrases that are commonly used in the search engines. There is no point in having your website optimized with search words or phrases that search engine users are not going to search with.
3. The titles of your pages should start with your keywords.
4. The content of your pages should be full of your keywords and other related information.
5. All tags on your website should be optimized with your targeted keywords.
6. Be sure that your keywords are included in your website's filenames.
1. External links are extremely important in search engine optimization. First, make sure that your site is listed in DMOZ also known as the Open Directory Project. DMOZ provides many of the search engine results for the most popular search engines, including Google.
2. Your website should be listed in human edited online directories.
3. It is essential you make sure that your website has a sitemap with text links.
4. Avoid linking with anyone who asks - focus on linking with websites that have a page rank as high as yours or better. Also, link with websites that relate to yours or are complimentary to yours. For example, if you have a fashion-related website, link with other fashion, accessory, or beauty websites.
1. Make sure that your website uses CSS (Cascading Style Sheets). What this does is completely separate the code that is used to "layout" the web site from the content (Keywords etc) of your website. What happens is the Search Engine Spiders are able to completely ignore the formatting code. This makes the search engine spider find your content / keywords etc right away without the possibility of getting caught in bad code or having to sift through unnecessary code in order to find your keywords / content etc.
2. The graphics that are on your website should also have descriptive and keyword rich alternative attributes that are useful for visitors.
Using these three aspects of Search Engine Optimization will surely help your website get ranked faster.