Search Engine Optimization in North Carolina plays a very important role in your business. In this digital age, the search engine ranking of your business can be a crucial factor to your success. So, how can a North Carolina business improve its placement in search engines like google. With the help of SEO, your business can go from nowhere to many places. According to the recent data, 82% shoppers research for the product before making a purchase. If your business is not ranked higher in search engine results then you are surely going to lose out on sales. SEO is a technique to organically improve your business’ search results.
SEO is a Necessity in this Digital Age
It’s tough for business’ to capture customers attention in this cluttered advertising world where everything is overloaded with information. Search Engine Optimization is one way to capture the online world’s attention with guaranteed results. With many business’ already implemented SEO, it will be foolish to ignore this marketing strategy. So business’ do spend a lot on SEO. So Search Engine Optimization has become an investment. You will not get results overnight and has to have patience, but in the long run it will be more than worth it.
How an North Carolina SEO/Digital Marketing Agency can Help
Many in the organization are not well versed with SEO and other forms of digital marketing. So in this complex age of digital marketing many businesses are turning to digital marketing agency for help. They hire digital marketers as consultant or give SEO training to their staff from industrial trainers in digital marketing. So looking to outsource your SEO work often helps because of its complexity. Search Engine Optimization will surely benefit your business by leaps and bounds.
Implement SEO and to get noticed, get visitors and get sales!
Basic Search Engine Optimization Principles for Entrepreneurs
The success of a Website is dependent on the quality and quantity of its content. The content of web pages should be structured around keywords.
Google has this week - July 20th 2008 - enhanced its free keyword research tool to include numerical data. This tool previously employed horizontal bar charts to show only relative frequency of searches. Both averaged monthly numbers over the last year and latest month figures are displayed. This numerical data can be downloaded into a spreadsheet where further information, such as competition counts and keyword popularity index (KEI), can be added/calculated with other sources. This is a timely replacement for Yahoo's once popular free keyword research tool - inventory.overture.com which became unreliable, was last updated in January 2007 and has recently been withdrawn.
Keyword research is the art of uncovering and selecting good keywords for your web site and keyword research tools are designed to identify those best keywords that have the potential to attract targeted visitors. The aim of search engine optimization (SEO) is to increase targeted web site traffic.
The top five search engines (SEs) - Google (53%), Yahoo (19.9%), MSN (12.9%), AOL (5.6%) and Ask (1.7%) provide 93.7% of global searches. About 80% of visitors to web sites arrive from SEs. Keyword research tools provide access to SE logs. Ideally, search engine optimizers would have access to all this data but no keyword research tool can accurately identify every search conducted for a given keyword.
The new problem for commercial keyword research tools is that they use databases that are tiny compared to that of Google. Wordtracker, for example, one of the most popular subscription keyword research tools, acquires search engine data from two meta search engines viz. DogPile.com and MetaCrawler.com. Although a meta search engine, such as MetaCrawler.com may display results obtained from sources including Google, MSN, and Yahoo, its database is confined to its own search data. A search today for "life expectancy" on Wordtracker gave a count of 171 compared to 550,000 on Google. Furthermore, the data included by Wordtracker is from the last 90 - 100 days compared to Google's monthly figures. One can calculate that for every 9,000 searches on Google for this keyword there is only one search on the combined Dogpile.com and MetaCrawler.com.
"The long tail" is a concept that has been working its way recently through the SEO community. The principle of the long tail keywords is the opposite of concentrating on the top short tail keywords. Long tail keywords are the thousands of keywords and key phrases that send the majority of traffic from the search engines to web sites.
Those that focus solely on the top 10-20 popular keywords may be missing out on most of the potential traffic. There is opportunity here for search engine optimizers. An analysis of the latest 250,000 referrals from the search engines to my website 2womenshealth.com, showed that my top performing keyword provided 4341 visitors. 24 keywords were individually responsible for more than 100 referrals with a total of 20,728 visitors. 1315 keywords each with less than 100 referrals accounted for 229,272 (91.7%).
Competition for short tail keywords is enormous. There were 56,600,000 searches on Google for "vacations" last month. Unless you have an enormous web site such as Wikipedia.com (more than a million pages), there is no point in optimizing a web page for such a popular keyword. The competition is 115 million pages! Unless your page can be found in the top 20-30 positions on the search engine results pages (SERPs), it will receive no visitors from the search engines. The new Google Keyword Tool shows us that the long tail keyword "vacation review" had 9,900 searches last month and there are just 39,000 competitor pages. Successful search engine optimization for this keyword is more achievable.
It is possible with the newly enhanced Google Research Tool, to start with narrow searches of perhaps just one word, find related combination phrases or synonyms and gradually drill down to provide good long tail keywords. This tool provides the largest database available for the purpose and is a long-awaited addition for search engine optimizers. Enthusiasts now have access to an enormous supply of niche keywords previously beyond their wildest dreams.
Importance of Keyword Analysis in Search Engine Optimization
All SEO tactics used to get your site successfully crawled and positioned in the major search engines evolve with the technology used to render websites, but the basic fundamentals stay the same. There are three major aspects to SEO that you should be sure to concentrate on when optimizing your website - keywords, links, and graphics. Use this checklist to ensure that your site will achieve the highest possible search engine rankings :
1. Make sure the keywords that you are targeting are relevant to your website's content.
2. Keywords should be phrases that are commonly used in the search engines. There is no point in having your website optimized with search words or phrases that search engine users are not going to search with.
3. The titles of your pages should start with your keywords.
4. The content of your pages should be full of your keywords and other related information.
5. All tags on your website should be optimized with your targeted keywords.
6. Be sure that your keywords are included in your website's filenames.
1. External links are extremely important in search engine optimization. First, make sure that your site is listed in DMOZ also known as the Open Directory Project. DMOZ provides many of the search engine results for the most popular search engines, including Google.
2. Your website should be listed in human edited online directories.
3. It is essential you make sure that your website has a sitemap with text links.
4. Avoid linking with anyone who asks - focus on linking with websites that have a page rank as high as yours or better. Also, link with websites that relate to yours or are complimentary to yours. For example, if you have a fashion-related website, link with other fashion, accessory, or beauty websites.
1. Make sure that your website uses CSS (Cascading Style Sheets). What this does is completely separate the code that is used to "layout" the web site from the content (Keywords etc) of your website. What happens is the Search Engine Spiders are able to completely ignore the formatting code. This makes the search engine spider find your content / keywords etc right away without the possibility of getting caught in bad code or having to sift through unnecessary code in order to find your keywords / content etc.
2. The graphics that are on your website should also have descriptive and keyword rich alternative attributes that are useful for visitors.
Using these three aspects of Search Engine Optimization will surely help your website get ranked faster.
- Professional Seo Company North Carolina North Carolina
- Expert Seo Company Charlotte North Carolina
- Best Seo Company Raleigh North Carolina
- Local Seo Company Greensboro North Carolina
- Best Local Seo Company Winston-Salem North Carolina
- Small Business Seo Company Durham North Carolina
- Expert Seo Company Fayetteville North Carolina
- Seo Optimization Company Cary town North Carolina
- Seo Optimization Company Wilmington North Carolina
- Best Local Seo Company High Point North Carolina
- Small Business Seo Company Greenville North Carolina
- Best Seo Services Company Asheville North Carolina
- Top Seo Companies Concord North Carolina
- Seo Company Gastonia North Carolina
- Best Seo Company Jacksonville North Carolina
- Small Business Seo Company Rocky Mount North Carolina
- Best Seo Company Chapel Hill town North Carolina
- Best Seo Services Company Burlington North Carolina
- Seo Company Services Wilson North Carolina
- Seo Company Huntersville town North Carolina
- Expert Seo Company Kannapolis North Carolina
- Seo Web Design Company Hickory North Carolina
- Seo Company Apex town North Carolina
- Local Seo Company Goldsboro North Carolina
- Professional Seo Company Salisbury North Carolina
- Seo Company Services Indian Trail town North Carolina
- Seo Optimization Company Monroe North Carolina
- Small Business Seo Company Mooresville town North Carolina
- Best Seo Services Company Wake Forest town North Carolina
- Best Seo Services Company New Bern North Carolina
- Seo Company Services Sanford North Carolina
- Small Business Seo Company Matthews town North Carolina
- Local Seo Company Thomasville North Carolina
- Local Seo Company Garner town North Carolina
- Seo Web Design Company Asheboro North Carolina
- Best Seo Company Cornelius town North Carolina
- Local Seo Company Holly Springs town North Carolina
- Professional Seo Company Statesville North Carolina
- Seo Company Kernersville town North Carolina
- Local Seo Company Mint Hill town North Carolina
- Top Seo Companies Kinston North Carolina
- Seo Company Services Lumberton North Carolina
- Seo Optimization Company Havelock North Carolina
- Seo Company Services Shelby North Carolina