When it comes to the success of digital marketing Salem Kentucky and finding new customers via the web, keyword optimization is one of the most important tools you can bet on. Keyword optimization or keyword research is the act of researching, analysing and selecting the best word or concept of great significance to your product, services or campaign in order to target and drive traffic from search engines such as Google to your website and other digital platforms.
Getting your website or blog on the first page of search engines can be a daunting task if you do not understand the fundamentals of optimization.
Why Are We The Best SEO Service In Salem Kentucky
It is very essential that the word you choose as the keyword is broad enough for lot of people to search for on the internet, but narrow enough that you have a decent chance of getting a high search rank for it on the search engines and results.
For example, the word “shoe” is way too general. However, “Where can I find cheap shoes online” is a pretty good one. Similarly, the word “Europe” is way too general and Wiki sites will normally dominate these top spots. So, “the best holiday destination in Europe” is a much better phrase to focus on.
SEO - 3 Most Important Aspects
Search Engine Optimisation? It can be overwhelming. Full of jargon, terms, stats, and keywords.
Or at least, that's what you've been led to believe.
Today? We're changing all of that.
Because we're here to tell you that Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) doesn't have to be difficult!
In fact, it's such a simple concept we're able to break it down into just 6 easily defined parts!
1. Search Engine Optimisation starts with assuming the role of customers in your target market, and asking yourself the following question: "What phrases am I going to put into Google to find what I'm looking for?" That's right, phrases! While you may have heard these referred to as 'Keywords', this doesn't mean they're limited to just a single word.
2. Select the 5-10 phrases that you feel:
• Are related to your business, industry or niche.
• Are likely to be used most often.
• You have knowledge in and can write about.
Check the number of users searching using these phrases, and where you currently rank for them. The guide on keyword research will help with creating your list. Optimise your website for these phrases and generate links following our killer strategies outlined later in this guide. Wait three months, measure your progress, re-evaluate and make additional changes!
3 Quick & Simple Lessons In Search Engine Optimisation
Lesson 1 - What Do The Components Of A Result In Google Mean?
One of the best places to learn about SEO is so obvious it hurts! Where is this? Google's search results pages! Through examining the components of a result in Google, you can learn a lot about how the effective use of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) can help your business!
Lesson 3 - How Does Google Decide On The Order Of Search Results? Chances are you've searched more than once using the following phrase: 'How does Google rank websites?'
The results of this search includes literally hundreds of articles all looking to answer this exact question.
But the truth of the matter?
Like the Colonel's eleven secret herbs and spices, Google are highly secretive as to how they decide on page rankings. But through the power of deduction, we now have a good understanding of just how this works!
And here's how:
Google uses the a web crawling bot called Googlebot, which crawls the internet to both:
1. Discover new pages.
2. Update existing ones.
As it does this, it follows every link it finds through to every web page. Creating an index of this content as it goes. This index is then run through a complex - and secretive! - algorithm that scores every web page it finds.
Yes, every one!
It then rates these for relevancy against every possible search phrase. The most relevant website for a specific search phrase? This is positioned first! Pages that implement Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) techniques like those outlined in this guide are able to send clearer signals to the Googlebot that yes, this site is the one you're looking for. Boosting their rating and increasing their search position!
What is SEO Article Writing? - SEO Copywriting Explained
All SEO tactics used to get your site successfully crawled and positioned in the major search engines evolve with the technology used to render websites, but the basic fundamentals stay the same. There are three major aspects to SEO that you should be sure to concentrate on when optimizing your website - keywords, links, and graphics. Use this checklist to ensure that your site will achieve the highest possible search engine rankings :
1. Make sure the keywords that you are targeting are relevant to your website's content.
2. Keywords should be phrases that are commonly used in the search engines. There is no point in having your website optimized with search words or phrases that search engine users are not going to search with.
3. The titles of your pages should start with your keywords.
4. The content of your pages should be full of your keywords and other related information.
5. All tags on your website should be optimized with your targeted keywords.
6. Be sure that your keywords are included in your website's filenames.
1. External links are extremely important in search engine optimization. First, make sure that your site is listed in DMOZ also known as the Open Directory Project. DMOZ provides many of the search engine results for the most popular search engines, including Google.
2. Your website should be listed in human edited online directories.
3. It is essential you make sure that your website has a sitemap with text links.
4. Avoid linking with anyone who asks - focus on linking with websites that have a page rank as high as yours or better. Also, link with websites that relate to yours or are complimentary to yours. For example, if you have a fashion-related website, link with other fashion, accessory, or beauty websites.
1. Make sure that your website uses CSS (Cascading Style Sheets). What this does is completely separate the code that is used to "layout" the web site from the content (Keywords etc) of your website. What happens is the Search Engine Spiders are able to completely ignore the formatting code. This makes the search engine spider find your content / keywords etc right away without the possibility of getting caught in bad code or having to sift through unnecessary code in order to find your keywords / content etc.
2. The graphics that are on your website should also have descriptive and keyword rich alternative attributes that are useful for visitors.
Using these three aspects of Search Engine Optimization will surely help your website get ranked faster.