When it comes to the success of digital marketing Lone Kentucky and finding new customers via the web, keyword optimization is one of the most important tools you can bet on. Keyword optimization or keyword research is the act of researching, analysing and selecting the best word or concept of great significance to your product, services or campaign in order to target and drive traffic from search engines such as Google to your website and other digital platforms.
Getting your website or blog on the first page of search engines can be a daunting task if you do not understand the fundamentals of optimization.
Why Are We The Best SEO Service In Lone Kentucky
It is very essential that the word you choose as the keyword is broad enough for lot of people to search for on the internet, but narrow enough that you have a decent chance of getting a high search rank for it on the search engines and results.
For example, the word “shoe” is way too general. However, “Where can I find cheap shoes online” is a pretty good one. Similarly, the word “Europe” is way too general and Wiki sites will normally dominate these top spots. So, “the best holiday destination in Europe” is a much better phrase to focus on.
SEO - What is SEO?
This is a continuation of our article "SEO:: Search Engine Optimization - Getting Started", and we are going to start where we left off so be sure to check out the first article for steps 1-5.
6. Content, Content, and did I mention Content - The single most important thing for your website to be seen in the search engines is the content on your page. You need to have you keyword search terms throughout the text on your website, so if you main search term is "Computer Store" you need to incorporate that term along with any other main search terms in you page. So many pages have great graphics but absolutely no content on the site. Fill you site with content, I try to get about 1000 words on an html page, and place my main keywords throughout the page. Try to have as many relative pages as possible. Remember the more relative content the better placement
7. Do Your Research - it is important that you research other websites that are in the field you are in, and that you look at what they are doing SEO wise so that you can get a feel of what you site is going to need. Many times you can find a lot of you keywords and keyword phrases on a competitor's site that has had the search engine optimization. Don't copy their content, but you can use the same keywords. Once you see the competition then you need to see the amount of times the search terms are being used on the net. Use the yahoo tool I showed you in the first article for that. After this you can now see which keywords you want to use and which you want to trash. It pays to do the research so that you have relative SEO keywords and phrases that are going to bring traffic to your site.
8. Do NOT use other people's content (Duplicate Content) - Do not put other content from other sites copied on your site. This is call duplicate content and highly frowned on in the seo community. Also, do not use the same content on every page of your website. This is also considered duplicate content and can get you flagged unless you are doing GEO Targeting, which will only change the names on the cities and states.
9. DO NOT Hide content on your page - some black hat seo websites will take a key search term and on a white background write in white font the phrase 100 times, so that it will help them sore to the top of the search engine. If you get caught they will blacklist your site and once you are kicked off you can never get back on.
10. Add or Change Content - Don't just put a site up and never change any information for 5 years. You need to add and delete information on your site to keep the information current and up to date. Search engine optimization is about relative information on your site. Plus, the webcrawlers love new content. The more you add the more they crawl, and the more they crawl the better your site is going to do.
I hope this article has been helpful, and I will be adding more like, but with more detail to each point in the weeks to come. Good luck on your SEO, and we hope to see you at the top of the search engines.
Basic Search Engine Optimization Principles for Entrepreneurs
Search Engine Optimization has always been considered to be more of an art than science, and the landscape of SEO is constantly changing as Google changes its algorithms. That's why it's always a good idea for most businesses and website owners to have an SEO expert on hand to guide them in their SEO campaigns.
For those who don't employ an SEO expert, keeping up with the changes in current SEO best practices can be tough, but at least the basic best SEO strategies can be identified. If you rely on a website for business and an income, here are some of the main best SEO strategies that you need to be aware of in 2017.
Improve the user experience
Even if you do get your website ranked highly in Google, if visitors to your site leave as fast they arrived, you won't keep that position for very long. Making sure that a website is easy to navigate and is attractive is as important as the content and back-links. High bounce rates and low click through rates will both get your site demoted by Goole.
Optimize your site for mobile
Optimizing for mobile has been important for a long time, but now it is essential. Towards the end of 2016, mobile views overtook desktop views for the first time and now, Google has switched to using mobile versions of websites as the primary index source.
Keyword research is still important
Optimizing your site for keywords is still important for SEO, but Google is getting smarter at recognizing synonyms and related keywords. It' no longer enough to stuff your content full of a few keywords, you now need to use long-tailed keywords and related phrases that will increase the relevance of the content to the main keywords.
Link building still matters
Links to your site are still important and Google has confirmed that back-links are one of the top three ranking factors, so a link building strategy is still relevant for SEO in 2017. Links alone, however, will not guarantee a high-ranking for a site and they won't compensate for poor quality content or a badly designed site.
Optimize for voice search
As the accuracy of voice recognition improves, so the use of voice search will increase, so now is the time to add voice recognition optimization to your search engine optimization to-do list. Think about how people will speak their search, rather than type it, and then start including those spoken, long-tailed search terms in your content.
Check the speed of your site
With the growing importance of mobile, the speed of a site is going to become even more important in SEO. It has been estimated that, if a site visited on a mobile doesn't load within three seconds, more than half the users will quit and search for another site.
Think about user intent
Search engine optimization is not just about getting people to visit a website, it's a about getting the right people to visit a website. Think about what long-tailed keywords will attract the people who are more likely to turn into customers, rather than the casual browsers, who are great for the stats, but don't actually buy anything.