When it comes to the success of digital marketing Milford Kentucky and finding new customers via the web, keyword optimization is one of the most important tools you can bet on. Keyword optimization or keyword research is the act of researching, analysing and selecting the best word or concept of great significance to your product, services or campaign in order to target and drive traffic from search engines such as Google to your website and other digital platforms.
Getting your website or blog on the first page of search engines can be a daunting task if you do not understand the fundamentals of optimization.
Why Are We The Best SEO Service In Milford Kentucky
It is very essential that the word you choose as the keyword is broad enough for lot of people to search for on the internet, but narrow enough that you have a decent chance of getting a high search rank for it on the search engines and results.
For example, the word “shoe” is way too general. However, “Where can I find cheap shoes online” is a pretty good one. Similarly, the word “Europe” is way too general and Wiki sites will normally dominate these top spots. So, “the best holiday destination in Europe” is a much better phrase to focus on.
SEO - Search Engine Optimization Tips 6-10
Search Engine Optimisation? It can be overwhelming. Full of jargon, terms, stats, and keywords.
Or at least, that's what you've been led to believe.
Today? We're changing all of that.
Because we're here to tell you that Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) doesn't have to be difficult!
In fact, it's such a simple concept we're able to break it down into just 6 easily defined parts!
1. Search Engine Optimisation starts with assuming the role of customers in your target market, and asking yourself the following question: "What phrases am I going to put into Google to find what I'm looking for?" That's right, phrases! While you may have heard these referred to as 'Keywords', this doesn't mean they're limited to just a single word.
2. Select the 5-10 phrases that you feel:
• Are related to your business, industry or niche.
• Are likely to be used most often.
• You have knowledge in and can write about.
Check the number of users searching using these phrases, and where you currently rank for them. The guide on keyword research will help with creating your list. Optimise your website for these phrases and generate links following our killer strategies outlined later in this guide. Wait three months, measure your progress, re-evaluate and make additional changes!
3 Quick & Simple Lessons In Search Engine Optimisation
Lesson 1 - What Do The Components Of A Result In Google Mean?
One of the best places to learn about SEO is so obvious it hurts! Where is this? Google's search results pages! Through examining the components of a result in Google, you can learn a lot about how the effective use of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) can help your business!
Lesson 3 - How Does Google Decide On The Order Of Search Results? Chances are you've searched more than once using the following phrase: 'How does Google rank websites?'
The results of this search includes literally hundreds of articles all looking to answer this exact question.
But the truth of the matter?
Like the Colonel's eleven secret herbs and spices, Google are highly secretive as to how they decide on page rankings. But through the power of deduction, we now have a good understanding of just how this works!
And here's how:
Google uses the a web crawling bot called Googlebot, which crawls the internet to both:
1. Discover new pages.
2. Update existing ones.
As it does this, it follows every link it finds through to every web page. Creating an index of this content as it goes. This index is then run through a complex - and secretive! - algorithm that scores every web page it finds.
Yes, every one!
It then rates these for relevancy against every possible search phrase. The most relevant website for a specific search phrase? This is positioned first! Pages that implement Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) techniques like those outlined in this guide are able to send clearer signals to the Googlebot that yes, this site is the one you're looking for. Boosting their rating and increasing their search position!
SEO Tips to Get Your Website to the Top of Search Engines
This is a continuation of our article "SEO:: Search Engine Optimization - Getting Started", and we are going to start where we left off so be sure to check out the first article for steps 1-5.
6. Content, Content, and did I mention Content - The single most important thing for your website to be seen in the search engines is the content on your page. You need to have you keyword search terms throughout the text on your website, so if you main search term is "Computer Store" you need to incorporate that term along with any other main search terms in you page. So many pages have great graphics but absolutely no content on the site. Fill you site with content, I try to get about 1000 words on an html page, and place my main keywords throughout the page. Try to have as many relative pages as possible. Remember the more relative content the better placement
7. Do Your Research - it is important that you research other websites that are in the field you are in, and that you look at what they are doing SEO wise so that you can get a feel of what you site is going to need. Many times you can find a lot of you keywords and keyword phrases on a competitor's site that has had the search engine optimization. Don't copy their content, but you can use the same keywords. Once you see the competition then you need to see the amount of times the search terms are being used on the net. Use the yahoo tool I showed you in the first article for that. After this you can now see which keywords you want to use and which you want to trash. It pays to do the research so that you have relative SEO keywords and phrases that are going to bring traffic to your site.
8. Do NOT use other people's content (Duplicate Content) - Do not put other content from other sites copied on your site. This is call duplicate content and highly frowned on in the seo community. Also, do not use the same content on every page of your website. This is also considered duplicate content and can get you flagged unless you are doing GEO Targeting, which will only change the names on the cities and states.
9. DO NOT Hide content on your page - some black hat seo websites will take a key search term and on a white background write in white font the phrase 100 times, so that it will help them sore to the top of the search engine. If you get caught they will blacklist your site and once you are kicked off you can never get back on.
10. Add or Change Content - Don't just put a site up and never change any information for 5 years. You need to add and delete information on your site to keep the information current and up to date. Search engine optimization is about relative information on your site. Plus, the webcrawlers love new content. The more you add the more they crawl, and the more they crawl the better your site is going to do.
I hope this article has been helpful, and I will be adding more like, but with more detail to each point in the weeks to come. Good luck on your SEO, and we hope to see you at the top of the search engines.